Moulds for Different Concrete Block Sizes
Concrete Block Sizes
A concrete masonry unit (CMU) is a building block of a certain size used in construction. Due to their versatile features, CMUs are among the most commonly used materials. Concrete blocks come in wide variety of sizes and forms.
Reasons why people choose to work with concrete blocks:
- Building structures from CMUs saves both time and material.
- Different CMUs can be used in different contexts.
- On top of their efficiency, the buildings made from concrete blocks can last for many years.
- The companies that discovered the potential of concrete blocks got ahead of their competitors.
- The world's leading construction companies have started to give important trainings to their personnel about concrete block dimensions and types.
Choosing The Right Mould For You
Concrete blocks are divided into two general types: Standard and Special Concrete Blocks.
- Standard CMU sizes follow the globally followed nominal dimensions. The standard for concrete masonry unit nominal size is 8 inches by 16 inches.
- Their widths usually range from 4 to 16 inches (such as 16’x8’x8’, 16’x6’x8, 16’x4’x8 or 16’x8’x8’).
- If your intention is to reach to the general market, you may choose a mould that fits into the global standard.
Special concrete block dimensions, on the other hand, are produced in various sizes and forms, according to the customer's preference. If you are specializing in an area that needs specific concrete block dimensions, you may check out the readily available Special Concrete Block Moulds or reach out to our sales team to create your own specialized mould for your project.
You can check out our mould models
In the construction industry, the size and quality of the materials and tools are important. Inconsistency in concrete block sizes may hinder the progress of the project. As a building material, CMUs are durable, consistent, and easy to install. It generally requires low maintenance, and once installed, you can modify or add stuff for decorative or structural reasons. For this reason, you should always:
- Decide which Block Size is best for your project,
- Choose the mould according to your choice!